|Black Swan State Theatre Company launches 2013 season|
|Tuesday, 25 September 2012 16:10|
The mainstage season of six plays contains a mix of classics and new work, and Black Swan will be returning to the Studio Underground with one play as part of the Perth Fringe World Festival 2013.
Highlights of Black Swan's 2013 season include:
• Six plays presented in the Heath Ledger Theatre, one in the Studio Underground.
• Bruce Beresford will direct the WA premiere of Joanna Murray-Smith's comedy Day One, A Hotel, Evening.
• Shrine - the third new play by Tim Winton, will star John Howard under the direction of Kate
• Pete Rowsthorn will be on stage in The Importance of Being Earnest.
• Kate Cherry will direct the Pulitzer Prize- and Tony Award-nominated Other Desert Cities by Jon
Robin Baitz, a co-production with Queensland Theatre Company.
• Adam Mitchell will direct Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller (with John Stanton), as well as
the Studio Underground show The Motherf**ker with the Hat by Stephen Adly Guirgis as part of
the Fringe World Festival.
• Damon Lockwood will direct Brendan Hanson (of I Will Survive fame) and Claire van der Boom in
Midsummer [A Play with Songs] by David Greig and Gordon McIntyre.